OK, I've got most of the login stuff worked out. Basically it'll work like
- Your login ID will be tied to the login ID on the message board (same
name, same password)
- You'll be able to log in from the main page and/or the message board page.
I don't think you'll need cookies turned on (the URLs for internal links will
carry the session ID).
- If you are logged in any name you use on the shoutout or in the comments
area will be pre-filled with your user ID. You can change the default value if
- Any names that are reserved on the message board will not be available for
use on the shoutout or the comments (unless it's you). Anyone posting under a
reserved name will have the name post fixed with some random number or
something so it won't be readily confused with the registered user.
- No one will be forced to post anything under their registered name,
anonymity will be preserved and allowed.
- No special privileges will be given to registered users, only the
reservation of the name to use in posts and shoutouts.
So, if you want your name reserved, make sure you have it registered
on the message board. Changes to
allow logins will take place this weekend after I get through testing
everything. Let me know in the comments if you have any concerns.